For a short while it was a blast!
In July 2015 I set up HB Digital, a freelance consultancy helping organisations deliver fantastic online experiences. I ran it for just over a year and had a great time helping some wonderful people.
The Shakespeare Birthplace needed help to review their current digital footprint, mapping out social media platforms, blogs and websites and analysing effectiveness. I then made recommendations on how to reduce the number of platforms and increase effectiveness.
I also worked closely with the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust team to hire their new web agency. From agency long-listing, short-listing, question writing, document reviewing, pitching and selection, I delivered strategic support and coaching every step of the way.
The South West Lakes Trust needed help implementing a new brand plan that had been developed. The brand agency created the strategic vision and I worked with the internal team to turn that into practical steps for digital and print.
Between 2010 and 2015 I worked at Meningitis Now and introduced a new digital focus to the organisation that triggered a digital transformation. The team continues to punch well above its weight and continues to achieve amazing results.
My proudest moments at Meningitis Now include introducing the world's first meningitis app that has saved a number of lives, plus the use of digital to spearhead a campaign to introduce a vaccine that has reduced Meningitis B cases in babies by 50% in nine months (Sept 2016).
The early years
Before Meningitis Now I worked at advertising and digital agencies as a copywriter and/or digital strategist, from wayback in 1997 during the dotcom boom.
Previous clients include: BMW, Sainsburys, Orange, Land Rover, BT, Microsoft, DUREX, TNT, British Waterways, Nationwide, Siemens Nixdorf... to name but a few....
Over the years I have built up a unique set of skills that mean I can tackle any comms challenge and can create seamless customer experiences.
Awards and achievements
- Winner: Campaigning Team of the Year, Charity Times Awards 2014
- Finalist Campaign of the Year 2014: PR Week and Third Sector Awards for Beat it Now!
- Finalist: 2013 IoF Insight Awards: Digital
- JustGiving Awards 2013: Meningitis Trust - final 6 for Charity of the Year
- BT 1471: Revolution Awards 2002 Best Use of Email
- Thistle Hotels: BIMA Awards 2001 Best Online Advertising and Revolution Awards 2001 Best Online Advertising (finalist)
- Land Rover Discovery launch: Clio Awards 1999 (silver)
- Land Rover: Cannes Lions Website/branding 1999 (finalist)
- Microsoft Hotmail: Marketing Magazine Integrated Campaign of the Year 1999
- DUREX: Campaign Magazine Awards 1998 (finalist)
- BMW kiosk: Revolution Awards 1998 (finalist)