This is becoming an increasingly rare vehicle, as it is a 1.6 aircooled VW T25 camper. These were the last aircooled vehicles built by VW before watercooled engines replaced them.
The interior is original Holdsworth Villa 1, apart from the cream Porsche 911 tombstone seats. Original Holdsworth cupboards, seat covers, curtains and even tie backs. The van was resprayed in 2014 back to its original colours.
The ride height is also original and not messed with.
• Rock ‘n’ roll bed downstairs for two
• Pop top sleeps two
• Twin gas hob with grill
• Small sink
• Original detachable table seats four
• Lots of cupboard space
• Two rear seat belts – one lap and one three point
• VW T25 1.6 aircooled
• MOT 13 May 2017
• Just been serviced by aircooled specialist in Tewkesbury
• Miles 13,343 (obviously gone round the clock - which will increase as still being used for camping)
• In the last year we’ve driven it 2,800 miles – never needed a tow. I even used it to commute to work, 38 miles each way, when I had problems with my car.
• The wheels currently have chrome hub caps, but we also have the original plastic wheel trims if you want it to be totally authentic.
• Rear wheel bearing has slight play offside and nearside (MOT tester said this was usual for a vehicle of this age)
• Slight engine oil leak
• Light corrosion under body
Agreed insurance valuation of £8000
Work carried out 2015 – by aircooled specialist
• New roof struts
• New deformation panel – sits behind front bumper
• Replace engine oil seals
• New clutch
• Replaced master cylinder and brake servo
• Steering coupling and gaitors
• Exhaust removed repaired and refitted with new gaskets and heat transfer pod
Work carried out in 2014
• Ignition amplifier
• Ignition coil
• New starter motor
• Carb strip and refit
• Nearside front track rod repair
• Front brake discs and pads
• New battery
• Three point belt fixed and fitted in rear
• New tailgate struts
• Two new front window scraps fitted
• Two new door mirrors
• New indicator relay
• Resprayed by previous owner
Previous repairs from paperwork
• Inner sill
• Outer sill
• Tie rod end
• Wheel bearing kit
• Fuel filler neck
• Fuel tank
• Ignition lead set
• Replace O/S cylinder head
• Has some previous MOT certificates and road tax notifications
• When we bought the van the fridge was demonstrated as working, but we’ve never got it started
• Heating – doesn’t function. This is a common fault with this age of vehicle. But we only drive in warm weather!
• Rear tailgate rubbers (metal has corroded. I have sanded down, treated, filled and painted)
• Rear tailgate bubbling around seals
To test drive, you need proof of insurance
This van is 36 years old. There has been welding in the past. Previous owners have got paint on window rubbers. I don’t have records of everything that’s been done by previous owners.
Please view the van before buying. Email Richard: firstname.lastname@example.org, or text 0771 267 0181.